Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21st, 2011: Another Crying Dragon

This is roughly based on Reepicheep and Eustace in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I always loved this scene, and the idea of a big physically strong dragon being comforted by the little mouse with a big personality. I liked the opposites- which was what I was aiming for with the size of the huge puddle of dragon tears, and the little tiny handkerchief that the mouse offers the poor dragon. How could the little clothe wipe all those tears?


I have also been working on a painting or two as well. So just because I am not posting drawings as I should does not mean I am not busy.
Oh, and I shall be out of town for nearly a week starting Friday, and I do not foresee computer access. But, I do hope to draw while I am gone, so maybe I will have a few things to post when I return.


When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you sometimes find that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out in the open and has other people looking at it. -Winnie the Poor.

Very true, silly bear. Very true.
And it does seem I am very fond of dragons does it not? They are growing on me I must admit. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote (the use of capitals is hysterical ^_^ )and the drawing. :) It's a very good dragon and the handkerchief is so tragically small.
    Are you going to post the paintings when they are done? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Winnie the Pooh is rather smashing. :)
    I think I will post the paintings, but one will have to wait a month or two because there are certain people who can't see it yet. But after they can, I will post it- make sense? :P The one should be up soon, if I can EVER GET THE LAST FACE FINISHED! It's been mocking me for MONTHS now! I CAN NOT GET it! Sigh, I WILL conquer, but I just wish I could do it soon. Oh, and I have a web site with some paintings on it if you like on the side bar there. :) I'm sure you've probably spotted it, but I am rather proud of it and like to point it out.

    ReplyDelete