Monday, October 10, 2011

Angels and Dragons....

... Some of my favorites. They never stay away long.
    Well, I am still working on my friend's (Miss Emily) commission. So far, she has half an angel. If that. I rather like him.

So... are those anatomy lessons paying off? (What are you talking about Mary? There is hardly a body here at all.)
      Oh, and my scanner is fixed. That was kind of important. I'd like to say that the wretched contraption was the main reason I haven't been posting much, but that would be a lie, unfortunately. A false lie. (King and I anyone?)
    The. Point. Is. I have a scanner, and I was able to prepare that second dragon sketch I mentioned before.

Alas, there is still a shadow. But I would have to tear the page out to get rid of  it, and that did not sound ideal. Wretched spiral bound sketchbooks!
   The dragon is reading Knightboy: Dragon Slayer with Mouse as before mentioned. I copied this out of Me and My Dragon, as also mentioned.

   I recently joined Drawing Tutorials Online and I am rather excited! I have only been a member for less than a week, but I can tell you that I recommend it very much. You can find sample videos on youtube if you would like to check it out. Just search for "drawing tutorials online" or "Matthew Archambault" and you should find it. He is quite an amazing teacher, and is well learned in both traditional art and computers/graphic design/illustration, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment