Sunday, June 12, 2011

May 12th, 2011: So Much Luv

So.... I've been very busy. I've been job/apartment searching, and making school decisions that will change my life (maybe) etc. I've finally found an art school, I think. At least for now. I am going to O'More College of Design near Nashville. You are lucky this isn't just a post of these --> !!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this since I was about 8! And I am calm..... I hope that is good. I found a lovely room to rent with a very nice lady, and I have orientation this Wednesday. I have yet to find a job, and I need a laptop, but we'll see what happens. You just NEVER know. About anything really. :P But that is straying from the main point. I AM GOING TO ART SCHOOL!!! I will be a Visual Communications major, and I will be taking some fine art and maybe photography classes on the side. Now, just what IS a vis com major? Well, it's anything and everything, which is one reason why it is ideal/confusing. I don't know what exactly I will do with it, or what I will focus on, but I have at least a year to figure that out. I know I want to take their illustration, photoshop. animation, book design, and painting classes. I also want to take their Irish Studies course, and then participate in their Ireland Study Abroad Summer Program. Anyway, I am REALLY excited, even though I am calm.
     In the mean time, I got to visit my dear friend Emily this weekend, along with her family. It was her birthday last week, and so I made her this card:

Unfinished Card

Emily's Card/Trinket Collage

It was SOO good to see her and her family! I love and miss you guys! Thanks for sharing your hotel and your agreeable company! 
   So, I am going to orientation this Wednesday as a transfer student, and to be honest I am quite nervous... ish. I know it will be fine, but, it's been a year since I've done this school thing, and it's been longer since freshman orientation. I don't want to be a freshman again- but surely that won't happen. I am also taking my Dad to see the school for the first time, and I hope he likes what he sees.
   Quote time! (or the time where I feel like being a deep meaningful blogger, and so add a deep quote to make up for not writing something real) This one is rather appropriate for me, in more than one way:

"I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now." ~John 16:12

This post is entitled "so much luv" because as much as change scares me, I have no choice but to face it. Love calls one to do so. AND because I found a lovely place to live at school. AND, because my lovely Mimi sent me a card and a ridiculous cute penguin baby book! *AND* because I got to see Emily! **AND** just because, just because. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mary! It was good to see you too!!! I love the card and trinkets!!! They are so whimsical and cute, like you! I am so proud of you and am so blessed to have you as my friend!!! <3 <3 <3 You are in my prayers esp. as you prepare for this new adventure of your life!

    ReplyDelete