Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22, 2011: Blog Make-Over!!

So my drawings of the day are the new header, and the little clip arts on the side. I like this better I think- it's more... unified and clean I think. And besides, I got to include Mouse and Spider! But now it seems I have a little girl as a character as well. I may have to give these beings proper names, and maybe even a story or two! I do like to write, but I've not really made a serious effort at a story before- unless you count the books I made, wrote, and illustrated about wild ponies who won the Kentucky Derby when I was little.... I just found one of those the other day. NO. I am NOT posting it... most likely. It is rather cute, if I do say so myself.
    I am trying to think of what else I could do for this post. It seems odd to be not posting a picture. Oh! I did go see Xmen. It was... ok. Not my favorite Xmen movie. That fire spitting fairy/fly girl should have just been killed off immediately! I hated her to say the least. I am a James McAvoy fan, and so I liked that he had such a big part. Oh, and it did have Wolverine for about 30 seconds; although, I have to say, the movie wasn't the same without him as a main character.
   Well, I was going to share a painting I found or something, but for some reason either blogger or my computer isn't letting me. On the the quotes! I think this guy is pretty cool:


"Nature is pitiless; she never withdraws her flowers, her music, her fragrance, and her sunlight from before human cruelty or suffering." 
- Victor Hugo



"You who suffer because you love, love still more. To die of love, is to live by it." -Victor Hugo

1 comment:

  1. Looks good Mary, although I do miss Toothless and Hiccup. But this does look more your style. ;-)

    ReplyDelete