Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12th, 2011: An Emo Day....

So today was tough, I'm not gonna lie. And I have been reflecting on many things, such as suffering, patience, anxiety for what's to happen, etc. I did this little sketch as more of a time to sit and reflect and think, and not so much for display at all. I even considered not posting it. But I decided I would. Maybe someone else out there had an emo day and would like to see a fellow sufferer. What the drops are I haven't decided. Maybe they are rain. Maybe they are blood ( having to do with the"sharing in Christ's death" perhaps) But there you have it: a quick sketch that I did for myself at the end of a less than perfect day.



"Broken things are precious. We eat broken bread because we share in the death of Our Lord and his broken life. Broken flowers give perfume. Broken inscence is used in adoration. A broken ship saved Paul and many other pssengers on their way to Rome. Sometimes the only way the good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them." - Fulton Sheen.
     
  I know I have already shared this quote, but it is what my drawing is based on, and so I reposted it. I have also been bumming around to Mumford and Sons.... and here is a quote from their song After the Storm that I rather like:

“And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.”

I want to draw something based off this sometime, but hopefully I will be more chipper next time, and will maybe draw another umbrella attacking a kid, a cuddly soft thing, or a dragon, or something. God bless. 
                 
P.S. It just occurred to me that part of this blog is orange... I don't even like orange... so I have NO idea how I let that happen. Although I have to admit, the blog ain't bad lookin......

No comments:

Post a Comment