Thursday, January 5, 2012

Miyazaki is at it Again!

      I am sure some of you are familiar with The Borrowers by Mary Norton? Well, Miyazaki is doing a spin off of the books with The Secret Life of Arrietty.

I am so so so so SO excited! I have never actually read the books... I have always wanted to, and I have watched a movie or tv version with Ian Holm when I was little. Anyway, the point is, I think this is rather perfect! You've got a lovely little British-like book series about little people who live in houses and collect, or "borrow," things from the "human beans," such as scissors for weapons, and a japanese movie maker who excels at lovely and gentle details. 
      Now, there may be some kind of new age spin to it all about protecting the environment that's not in the books, but still, I will take what I can get. And most likely, I will be taking my little sis to see this. I will probably enjoy it more than her, but it may be a good opportunity for some sister bonding time.




Below is the official trailer, which I haven't watched yet, but I imagine it is decent. 


If you are not tempted yet, here are some lovely adorable movie stills:







And NO WAY! It's Miyazaki's birthday today! (or, for ten more minutes at least- it will be midnight soon) Happy Birthday Miyazaki!

1 comment: